275 Piece HART Mechanics Tool Set | Ratchets, sockets and more
The HART Mechanics Tool Set has the tools you need when you need them
HART is carving out a niche with quality tools at an affordable price. We used the HART impact sockets and were impressed. So we got our hands on the 275-piece HART Mechanics Tool Set to see how they perform with other automotive-focused hand tools. At first glance, this set is quite intimidating, so we’ll break it down piece by piece so you can decide if this is the right set for you.
Right off the bat, I noticed that all three pawls in the set looked and felt quality. The 1/4″, 3/8″, and 1/2″ drive sizes all have a 90-tooth design, giving you a compact 4° arc of rotation. Plus, the contoured head shape allows you to work in tighter spaces.
One of my favorite features is the socket release push button on the back of the ratcheting head which holds sockets securely in place while making removal easy.
This kit comes with a standard set of combination wrenches. You get metric sizes ranging from 8 to 15 mm and SAE sizes from 1/4 inch to 5/8 inch.
Sockets and Accessories
The 275-piece HART Mechanic Tool Set contains a standard variety of sockets and drivers, but there are a few notable inclusions that set it apart from basic kits.
This set includes a combination of metric and SAE shallow and deep sockets in 1/4″ and 3/8″ drives. It includes 12-point shallow sockets for the 1/2-inch drive size.
HART went the extra mile and added SAE and shallow metric impact resistant sockets ranging from 3/8″ to 1 inch and 10mm to 23mm, respectively.
Some honorable mentions in this mechanics set include a 1/4 inch magnetic bit driver, 48 driver bits, and SAE and metric nut drivers. HART also includes a complete set of SAE and metric hex keys, hex drivers, Torx drivers and drive size adapters.
You need to have a place to store all those tools and accessories and HART organizes them in a sturdy blow molded tool box with no wasted space. The underside of the lid houses the deep sockets and the top tray holds your chrome 6-point shallow sockets, plus some accessories. Its three removable trays hold the rest of the sockets, keys and accessories and can be arranged in the order that suits you best.
Two folding side doors snap together to prevent the trays from sliding unintentionally during transport.
In addition to these doors, we TO LIKE that HART chose to use metal latches instead of plastic which is more likely to break or come loose over time. Two nylon straps are riveted to the lid and prevent it from overextending and damaging the hinges.
Transporting the box is easy using either the two side handles or its sturdy rubber overmolded top handle. With so many tools in the box it’s heavy and those side handles really come in handy. Plan to use these side handles if your hands are larger to prevent your fingers from getting pinched on the lid.
Hart 275 Piece Mechanics Set Complete Tool List
- 1/4″ ratchet 90 teeth
- 6 Torx screwdrivers: T8 – T27
- 13 metric hex sockets: 4mm – 14mm
- 9 deep hexagon metric sockets: 6mm – 16mm
- 11 SAE 6-point sockets: 5/32″ – 9/16″
- 7 deep SAE 6-point sockets: 1/4″ – 1/2″
- 3″ extension
- 6″ extension
- Ratchet 90 teeth 3/8″
- 12 metric hex sockets: 8mm – 19mm
- 10 deep hexagon metric sockets: 10mm – 19mm
- 11 SAE 6-point sockets: 1/4″ – 13/16″
- 9 SAE 6-point deep sockets: 3/8″ – 7/8″
- 5 metric hex impact sockets: 10mm – 14mm
- 5 SAE 6-point impact sockets: 3/8″ – 5/8″
- 6 Torx screwdrivers: T27 – T55
- 6 SAE hex screwdrivers: 5/32″ – 3/8″
- 9 metric hex screwdrivers: 3 mm – 10 mm
- 3″ extension
- 6″ extension
- 1/2 inch ratchet 90 teeth
- 14 metric 12-point sockets: 10mm – 24mm
- 10 SAE 12-point sockets: 7/16″ – 1″
- 6 metric hexagonal impact sockets: 15mm – 23mm
- 6 SAE 6-point impact sockets: 11/16″ – 1″
- 3″ extension
- 1/4″ hex driver
- 9 metric nut drivers: 5 mm – 12 mm
- 9 SAE nut drivers: 5/32″ – 7/16″
- 48-piece screwdriver bit set: slotted, Phillips, hex, Torx, square and 1/4-inch socket
- 3/8″ universal joint
- Set of 10 metric hex keys: 1.3 mm to 8 mm
- Set of 10 SAE hex keys: 0.05″ – 1/4″
- 8 metric combination wrenches: 8 mm – 15 mm
- 7 SAE combination wrenches: 1/4″ – 5/8″
- 3 SAE 3/8″ spark plug sockets: 5/8″, 3/4″, 13/16″
- 3/8″ impact socket adapter
- 3/8″ to 1/2″ adapter
- 1/2″ to 3/8″ adapter
- 3/8″ to 1/4″ adapter
- 1/4″ Friction Driver Socket
The 275-piece HART mechanics tool set sells for $219 at Walmart and comes with a limited lifetime warranty. For what you get, it’s a really attractive price.
Compared to other toolsets on the market, this one is remarkably comprehensive. The 275-piece HART mechanics tool set is perfect for people who need more than the basics but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. There are a few extra pieces you might want to add on your journey, but this is a great place to start your tool collection.
275 Piece HART Mechanics Tool Set Specifications
- Model: HART HHMTS405
- 275 pieces
- Drivers: 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″.
- SAE and metric
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Price: $219